We're in Shrewsbury, and we'd love you to visit our town. Find out a little bit more by clicking on this link to our website, Original Shrewsbury.
Write Here Pen Shop was founded in Shrewsbury, UK, in 2004 by John Hall to sell fountain pens and quality writing accessories in the UK and worldwide. The shop is located on the High Street in Shrewsbury, UK - You can see exactly where we are by clicking here.
If you'd like to find out more about any products or the items we stock then please get in touch.
We're open Monday to Saturday- 9:30 - 5:30pm
PENS AND STATIONERY
We are building a reputation as one of the leading fountain pen shops in the UK, with an unmatched selection of fine and everyday pens including brands such as Visconti, Conway Stewart, Lamy and our most recent addition Sailor Pens from Japan. We also stock a great range of journals, notebooks and diaries from G Lalo and Leuchtturm.
Write Here's Pen Promise
"We'll sort out any problems you have with your pen."
Not that we expect you will have any, but sometimes pens can go wrong. At Write Here! we're proud of the outstanding after-sales service we offer.
Nearly all of the pens we sell have some form of guarantee against failure due to faulty parts or manufacture. The exact terms depend on the manufacturer and the quality of the pen - it can be between one year and 100 years, but is generally well worth having. Many will also repair pens accidentally damaged, although there may be a charge for this.
So, what do we add?
- Firstly, we know where to send our pens for repair. Obvious, but useful!
- Secondly, we deal with the manufacturers on a day-to-day basis, and have excellent relationships with them. We'll ensure that your repair is dealt with quickly and efficiently, and at the lowest possible cost to you.
- Finally, we keep proof of purchase in our records, so you don't need to worry about keeping receipts.
We're offering this service at no charge, although we will ask you to pay any costs incurred by us - usually postage. If there is a charge for the repair, we'll clear this with you and ask you to pay it on collection.
Registration is simplicity itself. At the time of purchase, we'll make a note of the model of the pen, date of purchase, and your name and address. We will keep this information for you. If the pen is a gift, you can either register the recipient at the time, or we'll give you a form they can complete and send to us.
In the event of any problems, either simply bring the pen into the shop or send the pen back to us, telling us what is wrong with it (& remembering to tell us who you are!). We'll do the rest.
This promise is in addition to your statutory rights. It is free - but we will send you information about pens and associated items occasionally, unless you ask us not to - in which case we won't.
Pen Repair Services
If you have a damaged fountain pen, and would like advice on how to resolve the problem, then give us a call. We offer our customers a first class fountain pen repair and refurbishment service for much loved fountain pens in need of a little care and attention. If your pen has a bent nib, or you're having a problem with loading the ink, there is a good chance that we will be able to help to fix it either instore or by liasing with the manufacturer. If you'd like to know more about our fountain pen repair service and how we can help to resolve any issues you may be having, call the shop or send us an email.
We can give you expert advice on what's best for your damaged pens - whether you're having problems with nibs or your pen just needs a bit of love and attention, we can point you in the right direction or arrange for a pen repair with our experienced repair specialist.
There are a few questions to ponder when you think there is something wrong with your pen...
- Are you using good writing technique?
- Are you using suitable paper?
- Do you fill the pen correctly, and with the proper kind of ink?
- Do you cap the pen correctly after use?
- Have you cleaned the pen lately?
There are a few different categories of problems you may have with you pen...
- Skipping (point intermittently dries up and won't write)
- Flooding (point consistently lays down too much ink)
- Poor starting (pen won't write on the first few strokes)
- Blotting (pen periodically lets out huge drops or blots of ink during writing)
- Scratchy point (feels like you are scratching holes in the paper)
- Needs to be refilled too frequently
- Leaks into the cap (or elsewhere)
If you think you are experiencing any of these problems and want us to help, get in touch via the usual ways.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 01743 245950