View our range of Watercolour Essentials below
Learn about, make and use watercolour paints. The course costs £65 and will be held upstairs at Write Here on the 23rd March 2019.
The workshop is for all levels of knowledge and will cover:
- Historical overview – late 18c watercolours to the modern day
- Choosing watercolours – pans or tubes?
- How watercolours are made – choice of binding agents and pigments
- Permanent palette for watercolour - list of essential colours to get started….make sample paint outs of each as mas tone, wash, etc
- Special colours – granulating pigments, unusual pigments, special mixtures, etc.
- Choosing papers for watercolour
- Choosing brushes for watercolour
- Watercolour mediums and grounds